The freezing of genetic material is a safe and effective method for storing genetic material for its further use. Our clinic’s specialists use the most modern and effective methods of freezing of genetic material that ensure its better survival after thawing.
Egg vitrification or fast freezing is an advanced cell freezing method that ensures their better survival after thawing thanks to the highly concentrated cryoprotectants, its small amount and a limited time.
The chance of cell survival after thawing is more than 95% using vitrification method for egg freezing. As a result, eggs that survive freezing/thawing process are exactly the same as nonfreezed/thawed eggs and are able be to successfully fertilised creating embryos, which then can implant and ensure a development of a healthy baby.
When egg vitrification is recommended?
- social factor – woman wants egg freezing to save baby planning for future, that way creating a „safety warrant”, as chances for successful pregnancy decrease with years.
- women suffering from endometriosis, the progressive disease of with the ovarian function disorder;
- for ethical and moral reasons when patients do not wish to freeze embryos in IVF cycles;
- to increase the chances of pregnancy for women with a small ovarian reserve;
- oncological diseases: egg vitrification is a new opportunity preserve the fertility of oncological patients;
Egg freezing before chemotherapy or radiation therapy allows to protect them from irreversible changes, that can affect fertility in future. There are special methods of preparation for egg retrieval for oncological patients. They allow to decrease the health effects of stimulation and do not affect the course of the disease.
If an IVF procedure results in more quality embryos than is necessary for transferring into the uterus, the rest of the embryos can be freezed and stored for an unlimited period of time. The chance of embryo survival after thawing is more than 95% using vitrification method for egg freezing. As a result, embryos that survive freezing/thawing process are exactly the same as nonfreezed/thawed embryos and are able implant successfully and ensure a development of a healthy baby. Freezed embryos can be used after unsuccessful IVF procedure or after childbirth if a couple wants another baby.
Freezed embryos are also used in case of delayed embryo transfer, when during the stimulation of superovulation or after egg retrieval the OHSS (ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome) was diagnosed.
Sperm freezing is a procedure during which the semen cells are frozen to keep them for future use. Using special technology, it can be stored for many years, maintaining original quality.
When sperm freezing is recommended?
- sperm was obtained by surgical method;
- the actual absence of a man on the day of performing an IVF procedure;
- oncological diseases;
- social factor – baby planning is saved for the future.
Sperm can be stored in a frozen state for unlimited time.